By Jerome L. Packard (auth.)
A Linguistic research of Aphasic chinese language Speech is the 1st exact linguistic research of a giant physique of aphasic chinese language typical speech info. This paintings describes how the most important aphasia syndromes are show up in chinese language, a language which differs considerably from languages upon which conventional aphasia concept relies. Following the chinese language information, a brand new reason for the foremost aphasia syndromes is accessible in keeping with the cognitive technological know-how modularity speculation. the speculation posits that Broca's aphasia is the results of computational deficits that take place inside of linguistic parts, whereas Wernicke's aphasia is the results of deficits that ensue within the move of knowledge among parts. it's tested how the fluent and non-fluent features of the foremost aphasia syndromes stick with without delay from the houses of cognitive modules.
distinct linguistic descriptions of Broca's and Wernicke's aphasia in chinese language are supplied, together with a precis of diagnostics of aphasia variety. the full corpora of 4 aphasic chinese language audio system, together with interlinear and loose translations, are awarded in an Appendix.
Read Online or Download A Linguistic Investigation of Aphasic Chinese Speech PDF
Best chinese books
This bold paintings offers a scientific research of chinese language theories of examining and writing in highbrow suggestion and important perform. the writer continues that there are significant hermeneutic traditions in chinese language literature: the politico-moralistic mainstream and the metaphysico-aesthetical undercurrent.
This creation to chinese language society makes use of the topics of resistance and protest to discover the complexity of lifestyles in modern China. The ebook attracts on views from sociology, anthropology, psychology, background and political technology and covers a extensive diversity of concerns together with girls, labour, ethnic clash and suicide.
- Mao's People: Sixteen Portraits of Life in Revolutionary China
- How the Chinese Eat Potatoes (Agriculture and Food) by Dongyu Qu (2008-10-07)
- Adapted for the Screen: The Cultural Politics of Modern Chinese Fiction and Film
- Quick & Easy Chinese: 70 Everyday Recipes
- Zhuangzi, Edition: 1ST
Additional resources for A Linguistic Investigation of Aphasic Chinese Speech
Cover-ASP electricity He covered electricity. In the following example, she uses the word gai 'cover' as the verb of the sentence in a clearly inappropriate context. Note that the jargon form is inflected with the aspect marker Ie. Also in this example, the word dian 12 An omission is posited here, and not in the following sentence with zhiliao because while zhiliao is a verb, the substituted word dianliao is a noun, and would require a preceding verb to make the sentence grammatical. 1. 10). In the next example, LXZ produced the jargon form diezhe 'falling'.
The structural relation of the coverbial phrase to the main verb phrase (A. V-H. Li 1990, p. , Ross 1991, p. 93). 13 below. 12 Ta keyi chi zhongfan. he may eat middle-food He may eat lunch. 13 Ta yao chi zhongfan. he want eat middle-food He wants to eat lunch. 14. The order of elements within the modifier slot is generally quite free, with the few restrictions on their order largely a matter of semantic coherence. 3. 14 Women [xianzai)time [dou)lCope we now all We may all go with you now. , directly to the left of the verb).
2. , wu (phonetically [uD 'fog'. 2: Mandarin Syllable Structure (hierarchical) the syllable. 2), a medial glide, 7 As Richard Sproat points out, this is more true in the northern than southern subdialects of Mandarin. 2. 2). Any of the vowels may occur as nuclear vowels, only [iJ, [ii] and [u] may occur as medial glides, and only [i] and [u] may occur as coda vowels. The simple structure of the Mandarin syllable plus the fact that Mandarin consonants and vowels are relatively few in number, together mean that the set of possible syllable shapes in Mandarin is somewhat restricted in size.